If you are looking for a way to get some quick cash, EBAY may be the answer to your needs. Since its inception in 1995, this online auction site has grown to be a 30 billion dollar company. It has made some people rich who don’t even work for EBAY. Instead these people they work with EBAY, using this site to sell thousands of items, one at a time.
If you are new to the EBAY world, it is easy to get started. There are many pages of help and assistance, and user forums that are all set up to assure your success. A few tips will get you on the right path.
- First and most importantly, check out other sold items that are as similar to yours as possible. To do this, go to the advanced search and check the box to see only completed auctions. You can get a good general idea of what an item could be worth in the market that is EBAY. More recent sales are the best indicators.
- Set the required opening bid low. You can set a reserve price to be assured of getting the minimum amount you will sell for. You can also set the opening bid with no reserve for the minimum you will take. A reserve set with a low opening bid price can generate a lot more interest, and consequently more bids.
- Offer a “buy it now” price. This feature lets the buyers grab your item at the set price without bidding. Once someone bids instead of using the buy it now, it goes away and auction style bidding begins. Set up your buy it now price at the sale amount you can be happy with.
- Take offers. The “buy it now” price may be just a bit more than someone wants to pay and they can make an offer. This opens yet another avenue to sell your stuff. You are not obligated to take any offer made.
- Use great photos. Pictures sell the items on EBAY. Be sure you use a background that makes the items stand out. Use daylight as much as possible if you don’t have an effective flash or photo lighting. Reflections can look like damaged areas on some merchandise so be careful to choose the best light. Pictures on EBAY are inexpensive and can make a great difference in the sale.
- Start with just a few sales to get your selling reputation established. Buyers will look for the sellers with good “feedback”. A feedback rating number close to 100 is best, meaning that the seller is rated as reliable and trustworthy.
- Open a PayPal account. This is the easiest way to collect your proceeds and to pay for anything you buy. Check the posted fees to understand how it all works.
EBAY selling can be fun and very profitable. You will be surprised at what buyers may pay for something you just don’t need anymore.